Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex, have open blister on finger. Worried that sore could be HIV symptom. Have OCD and numbness in fingers

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 474 Questions

I am a man. I had unprotected sex (oral with a little virginal and anus with finger in anus. I had a open blister on finger. She did the same to me. I do not know if she has HIV but she could. 5 weeks latter I have a sore throat with pus on tonsils: tonsils not swollen. I have been tested for STDs 3 days after encounter, all was negative. I will be tested for HIV in 2 months.

I'm worried that sore throat could be sympton og HIV. Also, the women did give me herpes on lips, I not being to concerned since I already had herpes. Now I'm worried this 'tonsilitis could either be an early symptom of HIV or is a new strain of herpes. I have been extremely worried since the sexual encounter as stated 5 weeks ago, and my OCD doesn't help. I take porazepam for my anxiety.

Also my ulnar nerve in my left arm seems a little pinched: a little numbness in my ring and pinky finger. Back pain left side been scapula and spine: and trapazoid muscle I believe.
I started back to smoke little cigars: 10 in last month: stopped 5 days ago. The weather hs been very hot and humid. I walk 3 to 5 miles a day.
My sexual encounter was 90% oral sex asnd finger up anus on each other as explained. Having prostate syurgery, I could not get a complete erect penis so could not penetrate vagina or anus with penis. But I did rub her vagina and anus with head of penis.

Just one more important thing: none of my lymph nodes under arms, neck, and groin, are swollen.

A do drink alcohol daily: 3 to 4 beers for the lest 10-12 years.
I apoloize once again to add something, but this could be important: I have been putting ABREVA cream (Docosanol 10% solution) on my lips 3 - 4 times a day for past 5 days. I'm sure I swallowed some just by it being on my lips
Thank you.
Very worried
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 10 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question .

I would suggest you to get a blood test done called HIV DUO test. They will test for your ELISA for antibodies and p24 antigen .
It will rule out all your fears about HIV .
Secondly , since the source may not be traceable I would suggest you to take an empirical antibiotic treatment for the sexually transmitted diseases from your GP or Dermatologist .
This would include an antibiotic called azithromycin and doxycycline , which would be available from your doctor by prescription only .
thanks and take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor