Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Had sex with girl who has trichomoniasis. Need prescription

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
I had sex with a girl who was diagnosed with trich I need a prescription and I dont have insurance for a doctor can you help with a prescription
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

The chances of trichomonial infection after one episode of sexual intercourse with an already known and infection person is very less. You do not need a prescription to prevent the occurence of trich infection.

If you think you have already infected then you require it. The best advice for a person like you at this stage is do not participate intercourse without a condom. Do not take medication unless you have penile discharge and fever.

I am trying to save your unnecessary medication cost here.

Second the doctors would stay away from prescriptions on this forum.

Hope this helps. You are welcome to ask any follow up queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had sex with girl who has trichomoniasis. Need prescription 2 hours later
I am infected she has been confirmed
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 hours later

My question is were you tested for the infection? Her being infected does not confirm your infection. The chances of trichomonial infection transmitting from female to male is very low and not necessarily require treatment or prophylaxis.

If you have penile discharge you may have infection and an empirical therapy can be started.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor