Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Had severe back pain. Scan showed kidney stones. Another also seen in gall bladder. Using Meftal, Taximo and citralka. Suggest?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9622 Questions
Hello Doctor,

My name is XXXXX. I am 33 years old male.

Recently I have undergone USG-Abdomen scan as I got severe pain in my left back.
Doctor has suspected it due to kidney stones, and in the USG scan, the result is I have a stone in left ureter (path between left kidney and urine bladder).

Another stone of 6mm size is also seen in gall bladder. I am not getting any pain due to this stone in gall bladder.
Its been 12 days since then, and I am not getting any pain since 3 or 4 days.

I used to get pain once a day and as per Doctor's prescription I have used Meftal-SPAS for pain killer, TAXIMO for urine infection, and Citralka / NOCLUE B6 syrup for urine passage.

As per my Doctor advice, I have also undergone Complete Health Check profile including the following tests.
- Diabeting screening
- Liver Profile
- Renal profile
- Hemogram
- Lipid profile
- Thyroid profile
- Iron deficiency
- Vitamin deficiency

I am attaching all these reports, and also the USG scan report.

Please let me know the complications in having those stones in the Ureter, what treatment is efficient and good for my health. How those stones will get out? What are the possible ways to get the stones out of my body?

Please also advice on my complete Health profile, where I stand and what are the complications involved in the near future as per the reports.

Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 30 hours later
Thanks for your query and posting results of all the tests carried out very recently.

You had pain in Lt Flank due to urinary calculus that was impacted in ureter.
The pain in back or loin occurs when stone is obstructed in ureter. This results in obstruction to free flow of urine from kidney down in to urinary bladder causing accumulation of urine and distention of ureter and kidney. This is termed as Hydroureteronephrosis.
Normally small stones pass down through urinary passage without any active intervention. However if the pain is severe and associated with vomiting ,fever, or repeated episodes of pain it needs to be fragmented by doing an endoscopic procedure called as Ureteroendoscopy(URS)

Now there are two options before you
1) Wait and watch for few more days and let nature take its own care so that stone will pass down itself. In this case, you have to drink more water and take antibiotics and painkillers and monitor the location of stone and any change in degree of obstruction (Hydronephrosis) by doing scanning at frequent intervals. Or
2) Go for endoscopic procedure (URS) to make the passage clear. This will give immediate relief from pain. In addition, save the kidney from further damage.

Please consult qualified Urologist for detail clinical evaluation, and to decide regarding the mode of treatment.

As regards other investigation that you have done as a part of routine health check up, most of the test results are within normal levels except following abnormal tests results
1) Homocystine
2) High Sensitive C reactive Protein
3) Serum Lipoprotein
Which suggest high risk for coronary Heart disease. Please consult qualified Cardiologist for assessment and for advice to take further precautionary measure to avoid coronary heart disease.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor