Do cholesterol levels of 226 and HDL of 93 require medical attention?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through your medical details, I would like to inform you that the normal recommended range of HDL for the female is up to 60mg/dl.
As yours is around 100 so it's high. Although there are several studies which have showed high HDL to be protective against coronary heart disease. Very high levels of HDL are thought to be harmful but there is no proven study on this.
As your LDL is also slightly raised both these things can be taken care with the help of lifestyle changes which includes Daily morning walks for 45 mins a day for 5 days a week and healthy eating habits avoiding smoking and junk food.
I hope this information will be helpful. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cholesterol bad cholesterol hdl and triglycerydes
- Non hdl cholesterol normal level
- Hdl cholesterol level 78
- Hdl and ldl cholesterol levels
- Cholesterol ldl hdl normal level
- Hdl cholesterol level of 122
- Medication for reducing cholesterol levels
- Hdl of 116 cholesterol levels
- Excessive high hdl cholesterol levels
- Cholesterol 164 46 hdl cholesterol