Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Had semen analysis and taking virolon. What do you advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
Here I am attaching seman analysis. Present I am using Virolon cap per 2 can you please check, better sugessions
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can probably continue using the present drugs Detailed Answer: Hi, I had a detailed look at all your reports, and technically there is no major problem as per the semen analyses reports which you have uploaded. There are a few minor issues, but hopefully the medication that you have been started on will be useful. i say 'hopefully' because a lot of these 'nutraceuticals' are prescribed without a guarantee that they will indeed work. There are several other parameters that may have a bearing on conception which are not routinely evaluated (viz. sperm DNA fragmentation) which might be necessary to examine in patients with persistent sub-fertility. We do not check them regularly because they are expensive, and might not be cost-effective. I hope your wife has been evaluated and everything is fine with her lab reports, in which case you need to wait and practise intercourse at the time of fertile period which I am sure would have been explained to your wife by her gynaecologist. If despite one year of using drugs and trying for conception during fertile period, things do not move ahead, I would suggest you go for assisted conception such as with IUI or IVF/ICSI which are available at several reputed hospitals in your city. Hope I have been able to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had semen analysis and taking virolon. What do you advise? 23 hours later
Thank you for Your reply, can you please advice Virolon cap use full or any other medcine. Please guide me ASAP
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: What you are using seems to be fine Detailed Answer: Hi again, These medicines like Virolon are what we term nutraceuticals - variable efficacy, though theoretically sound. Several such brands abound in the market. I have no idea about the cost of the brand that you have been prescribed, but I would suggest that you buy one from a reputed company which does not cost too much, as you might have been asked to take it for a prolonged period, and thus even a 10% reduction in cost per tablet will make a difference. Wishing you all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had semen analysis and taking virolon. What do you advise? 11 days later
Hi Sir How are You ? Today semen analysis test , can you please find the attached dcoument. can you please suggest
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Normal report Detailed Answer: Hi again, I have seen the report that you have uploaded today, and this report also suggests that you have no major issue and the sperm concentration and motility are within normal limits. I suggest that you continue using what you have been taking earlier, and if you are not successful in your attempts consult a good infertility centre for more detailed evaluation. All the very best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor