Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Had prostrate infection and took golden seal herb. On ciprofloxacin. Suggest the best medication to relieve pain in testicles?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
Concerning my problem. I had an infection which you said i might have.Before i go on i would like to tell you my experience with prostrate infection.I had it back when i was about 50yrs. old.There was no anti-biotic that would take this infection out of me
at that time.I tried 7 different kinds.What did cure me of it was a herb called golden seal which i took for about 2 weeks.Now my Doctor has put me on ciprofloxacin which i thought might cure me because they dident have that anti-biotic back then i
dont think.After taking it for 10 days the pain was worse than ever so i started taking Golden Seal again for some time now but have my dought's about it working for me now.The pain does ease of at times but keeps coming back on me.Is there any anti-biotic or wonder drug that would relieve me of my pain in my
testicles. Would appreciate any advice XXXX.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes there are some new antibiotics

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing me at health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.prostatis can be very discomforting and troublesome.

In last 15 years lot many changes have occured among the antibiotics. Firstly the treatment should be using oral antibiotics. The oral antibiotics that would be useful are Azithromycin, Cephelexin, Cefexime.
All three were probably not available 15 yrs back but are useful. The best way would be to get a culture and sesnitivity test of your urine and semen and identify the right antibiotic and take it. The treatment for prostate infection take longer time than others.
If the oral medications are not helping then the IV medications should be tried. They will be effective.
Regarding the herb that you have mentioned , we have not used it in India and it would be difficult to comment on it. However if its not helping you anymore, its bettef you leave it.

Have patience, and things will be fine again.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor