Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Had operated for fissure. Suffering with back pain. Are they related? How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
I am suffering with back pain since one year. I got operated for fissure last year. I don't know whether this pain is beacuse of that or not. Symptoms of pain:
When i stand up i am not able to stand straight, i have to bend for some time and later i am able to come staright because of pain
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 42 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Please give more information about pain such as location, any radiation to legs, associated tingling numbness in legs, what relieves the pain, any night pain? Duration of the pain?

Usually back pain is commonly due to back muscle spasm; however need to rule out spinal cause. If possible, get lumbar spine x-rays as well.

I would suggest to get back to me with above information.

At present, it is difficult to pin point the reason behind this pain.

Awaiting your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had operated for fissure. Suffering with back pain. Are they related? How to get relief? 46 minutes later
Above buttocks, and the pain will be only when you stand up. Pain will be for 1 or 2 mins XXXXXXX and the pain is bearable and it is not severe. Sometimes i feel it as muscle pain and some times spinal pain. No other parts are effected with this pain.
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
Thanks for the information.
It could be non specific muscle pain. I would like to rule out hip joint or Sacroiliac joint problem. How about hip joint rotations like can you turn the inward and outward at the hip? Are they painful or restricted. I would like to perform Sacroiliac joint stress test. It is prudent to get it done by a local Orthopedic surgeon. Get Xray -pelvis with both hip joints.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor