Had intercourse. Missed period for next month after getting period. Any chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: i had sex with my girl on 21st November not proper intercource i just fingering inside her and i had semen on my hand. she had her periods on 6th december. but its january 9th now but her second peroids got delayed. can she be pregenent?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 46 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, you have had sex on 21st November and she got her period on 6th December. That means, that sexual act did not have any effect. As you did not have any sex after 6th December, there is no chance of pregnancy now. There may be some other problem.

But, before going to do anything one pregnancy test is mandatory. If the test becomes negative, you should tell her to wait for 5 to 7 more days for spontaneous period.

If, period does not occur within 7 days, you should tell her to consult with a gynecologist. Some medications like progesterone supplements may be necessary. But, she should be examined and investigated for presence of any abnormality. An ultrasound scan of abdomen, hormonal study should be considered.

Lastly, there is no chance of pregnancy. Wait for 7 days, and then consult with a gynecologist for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 21 minutes later
Thanks doctor that will really help in releiving her tension.
Also she had done pregnency test twice and both the test were negative. She had done it on 6january. I hope evry thing is fine and there is no chance if pregnency.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 39 minutes later

Thank you for following up.

The negative pregnancy tests indicate that there is no chance of pregnancy.

So, tell her to do as i have told previously.

Regards.