Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Had ingenial hernia surgery. How long it will take to go down the swelling?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9625 Questions
ingenial hernia surgery - no mesh - left side few stitches - how long will it take for swelling to go down after surgery. Had surgery fri and am still swollen approx. 4 days out
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 44 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone surgery for Inguinal Hernia on Friday and still has swelling at the site of surgery.
This is normal to have swelling at he site of surgery due to inflammation of soft tissue at the site of surgery.

It routine it takes 10 to 15 days to get it resolved completely and to become normal.

Do not worry The treating surgeon might have prescribed you antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs as a part of routine after surgery.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor