Had gastroendoscopy. Report states polyp in proximal third of esophagus and one nodule in fundus of stomach. Worried about the findings?

Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I had a gastroendoscopy yesterday and am somewhat concerned. The preliminary report states that I had a 5mm polyp (which was removed) in the proximal third of my esophagus and a 1cm nodule in the fundus of my stomach. The results of the respective biopsies will be available in about one week. How worried should I be about these findings?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Polyp in Oesophagus may be benign only so need not to worry about that. However a nodule of 1 cm in fundus can be benign or can be malignant also. However it will be confirmed after the report of histopathology report. So we will have to wait for the report.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad