Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Got wrist fracture. Is there any injection to reduce pain? Should I go for surgery?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
im in mexico and fractured my wrist badly - they wanted to put pins in my wrist but i decided to fly home and get care in los angeles im in severe pain and now wonder if waiting is a bad idea. my concern is that treatment in mexico is not ideal along with it being my right hand, also is there any kind of injection i can get in my wrist to ease the pain? my other worry is that i may not find a dr in LA available to fix this asap other then a trauma center. my arm feels numb as well
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 44 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.

It is better to get the surgery done as decided by your orthopedic surgeon in Mexico after evaluating the fracture pattern and soft tissue condition.

You could get better results if fracture can be fixed early. So I suggest you get it done in Mexico if you are comfortable there.

If you are not comfortable for the surgery in Mexico and decided to fly home, consult your doctor for splintage of the wrist. You can get diclofenac or tramadol injections for pain control under the supervision of your doctor there.

Hope this information helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor