Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Got fever. Test showed tht citric acid content high. Not cured by medication. How to get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Practicing since : 1970
Answered : 891 Questions
hello dr,
i got fever for last 4days. there is no change in my condition. blood and urine tested. the test result shows tht citric acid content is high. doctor prescribed meftal,norilet. he suggests to drink lots of water. bt no change in my condition. kindly suggest me wht to do to get an immediate cure

Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Please give some more information about your fever ,whether there are chills,cough,cold body pain,abdominal pain,etc so that the cause can be localized.
Have they tested for dengue,malaria etc?
If your fever continues you should be tested for above diseases and typhoid.
High citric acid does not mean infection alone and urine culture result should be seen. What was the urine culture result?
You are on antibiotics.
May be it is simple viral fever also.
How high is the fever?

Take paracetamol ( like crocin or fepanil)500mg two tablets every 6 hrs and then if fever goes up in between take meftal.
(After food.)

Good luck
Dr Uma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor