Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Give the medication to postpone periods by a week? Suggest dosage and how many days before should I take?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 298 Questions
hello! i want to forward my menstruation date forward for some occassion. As my period come backward by 4/5 day so on next month it will fall on 9th or 10th so please suggest me an pill to forward my date for atleast 1 week and also tell me how to take the pill and from when to start it.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Norethisterone tablets of 5 mg

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

I will suggest you to take norethisterone tablets of 5mg thrice daily. It should be started 3 days before your expected date(6th in your case).

It should be taken till you don't want to bleed. Your period will come after 2-5 days of stopping the tablets.

The pill can be taken with food three times daily. It should not be taken empty stomach. It can cause some nausea and vomiting. In that case, you can take some antiemetic like metoclopramide or ondansetron tablets.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor