Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Getting tender squishy string like structure from testicle. Is it testicular appendix or something else?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I have this relatively tender yet squishy string like structure protruding from the top portion of my testicle. I've had it for many years with no other symptoms or changes. It doesn't hurt unless I over examine it. I think it's a testicular appendix. The string part is about the size of a grain of rice and at the base there seems to be a lump of sorts. It hard to tell whether it's a lump or just the inside of the string. Viewed through the scrotum, it looks white. Overall the string part moves freely and I'm able to squish it between my fingers. Could my hypothesis be correct or what else could it be? Thank you
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 20 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The structure based on your description looks most probably like EPIDIDYMIS.
This is a structure present outside but in contact with the testis. It has got three parts, the head, body and the tail which hugs the testis in the best possible way to collect the sperms coming out of the testis.
Its function is to collect the sperm from the testes and store them, till they mature and gets them ready for ejaculation.
But if you are worried, it is best to get yourself physically examined, though not on an emergency basis, may be electively.
Wishing you good health,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor