Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Getting painful constipation and thick anal discharge. Colonoscopy showed normal? How to get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
For years I've used toilet paper as a back-up mechanism. I'm normally constipated with periods of sudden dirreah. The dirreah may be either after a BM that smells like chemicals. While this part doesn't happen as often, I have major cramps during the process. In addition, I've noticed either a thick anal discharge or a watery discharge from my anas whether just in going to the bathroom or passing gas..

Last Nov. I had a colonoscopy that was normal, and the dr. did not find any hemmroids or anal fissues. While the toilet paper method works pretty well, it is a bit old. However, the idea of ruining my clothes does not appeal either. Any suggestions as to what I can alter that could stop this problem?
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. I suggest you take an extended course of pro biotics like sporolac for 15 days and also seek attention from a gastroenterologist for IV antibiotics for 5 days. If the symptoms still persist then loperamide is the drug of choice in your case to stop the diarrhea but it does have side effects like bloating of the stomach and belching.

I hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to clarify any doubts that you have

I wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor