Getting mild abdomen pain on lower side. Had bladder infection. Could this be related?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I've been getting mild abdomen pains located on the lower left side. I did have a bladder infection not to long ago
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Lower left abdominal pain can be caused by urinary tract infection indeed. However it may be also a symptom of diverticulitis or ovarian cyst. If you have had constipation before and are around 50, diverticulitis is more possible. You may also have loose stools, fever, nausea. Urinary tract infection gives also burning while urinating, frequent urinating, fever. If you are female, ovarian issues and pregnancy should be always ruled out. Please visit your doctor, have urine analysis and urine culture test. Abdominal ultrasound should be also done. If you are over the age of 50 and no inflammation will be found, please consider colonoscopy. Gynecologist consult and trans-vaginal ultrasound should be also done if you are female. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.