Frequent urination with bloating and tiredness. Pregnancy test is negative. Reason?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Question: I am peeing alot and feel bloated all the time and feel like the bottom of my belly is bulging more then usual,tired and feel like i have gained weight but it only about 3 pounds. I feel totally not myself, took 2 pregnancy tests in the last 30 days, the last one was about a week ago and negative.

I have tried to see if food bothers me, I eat really healthy, stay away from white flour/sugar and try not to eat alot of wheat. nothing seems to help or make it works, I dont drink soda or carbonated drinks. This all started about a month ago when it did start to hurt when I went pee terrible and I started taking the macrobid and then after about a week, the pain when I peed but the peeing more frequent and bloatedness and weight gain stayed.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 31 minutes later

According to your description there is possibility of urinary tract infection.
The causes of repeated urinary tract infections are:
-Obstruction in anywhere of the urinary tract due to stones, stricture etc.
-Immunocompramised state like diabetes.
-Intercourse with spermicidal jelly usage.
-Pelvic anatomy with short distance from urethra and anus.

So you better consult urologist once and get examined to rule out any structural problems. Then if needed go for ultrasound and if needed cystoscopy which can find out the possible cause and treatment can be taken accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later
Is bloating a symptom of a UTI? I had never had that sympton before but gues maybe it could start at anytime? Also, if the burining and pain goes away, can you still have the UTI?

Thank You
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 hours later

Bloating may not occur directly due to UTI, but it can occur as a side effect of repeated use of antibiotics etc.
UTI usually presents with symptoms like frequency, urgency, pain or burning sensation during micturition etc. On treatment some symptoms may disappear initially but sub-clinical infection may persist. So if you undergo microscopic examination, culture and sensitivity of the urine the exact cause can be made out.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.