Found brownish orange discharge and does not smell like menstrual blood. What could it be?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Yesterday I didn't have any cramps and a gush of blood came out like my period had come on. When I wiped it was more of a brownish orange tint and it really didn't smell like menstrual blood. Went again to the bathroom no blood on the pad but when I wipe its brown
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be menstrual period

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Sometimes menstrual periods are not typical. You had experienced all the premenstrual cramps and expecting the periods and this one time it had not happened as it was. The same thing with the color of the period, it varies.

However a pregnancy test is generally ordered for everyone who are sexually active and apprehensive.

Let me know if you have any more details relevant to the query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli