For what purpose Megace prescribed?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi XXXX,

I want to know what the drug Megace is given for and how does it react with other medicines Pam
also what are side effects of this drug?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you give me the list of your medcations?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this thickened uterine lining and all the inconveniences this must have caused you. To know what possible reactions can go on, it will be very important to know the various medications you are on.

Megace is used mainly for advanced carcinoma of the breast or endometrium(uterine lining). There maybe other other non conventional uses determined by doctors. To understand exactly why this drug was prescribed, I will like to know what the biopsy report states. I will not want to see you panic about a possible cancer as we don't have the biopsy report yet.

I hope this helps. I will like to obtain the above requested information before making definitive pronouncements on the possible interactions and the exact reason for which this drug was prescribed.Until then, I wish you well.