Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Fibromyalgia,mild stroke,bladder cyst,involuntary urinaton

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
I have fibromyalgia and also had a mild stroke in 09. I also have had bladder cyst. Recently I received a shot from my rummy (arthritis doctor) I felt good but now I have urinary leakage. I don't know what the shot was but I know I only felt good for a month. Could it be a side effect from the medication?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

Urinary leakage does not seem to be a side effect from the injection your doctor has given you. I believe your Parasitologist would have given you a steroid or a pain killer for your fibromyalgia and they normally do not cause urinary leakage. These steroids give temporary relief which is expressed by you in your query. As the effect weans off you can get back your symptoms. It is always good to know the treatment you were given so that you can make a personal health record.

Bladder cyst can be one of the causes of urinary leakage. In women bladder cyst are commonly found in ovaries since the bladder and ovary are in close proximity to each other. It could cause nausea, vomiting, pain in pelvic region, painful intercourse and painful bowel movements.

The other probable reasons for urinary leakage at your age could be be due to stress incontinence (increases when you cough or bend) or overflow incontinence. Stroke, neurological deficits form the other important reason in your history to me. I would also want to know whether you have totally recovered from the neurological deficit from stroke.

You would have to consult a urologist if the urinary leakage persists. Hope i have answered your query. I will be available for follow ups.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor