Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

159 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Fell on lower back-butt area and started getting pain in groin area. What should I do?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I was playing a soccer game. I did a move, a bicycle kick, I fell on my lower back-butt area and now I have pains by my groin and under my butt area. Its been hurting for over a week, what should I do? What seems to be the problem?
Note: it hurts when I try to kick the ball hard. Or when I lift my leg up.
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.

From the description, it seems to be soft tissue injury or ligament injury. Soft tissue injury takes 10-14 days to heal. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance.

Meanwhile, you can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (up to 4 tablets daily) to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting full weight and rest well.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon