Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Feeling tenderness in head and temple area. Having headache, dizziness and discomfort in stomach. Remedy?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
The left side of my haed, the temple area, is tender. I feel like I have a slight headache behind my forehead. I'm not dizy or sick at my stomach.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Well temple pain could be as a result of tension headache, migraine headache, temporal arteritis etc. Each of the above are potential causes of your symptoms. Your high blood pressure could also be directly responsible, so that should be checked and put into absolute control. In the mean time, given your description, it is best you consult with a neurologist who can get you properly examined, maybe run a CT scan or MRI to determine the cause and provide you with an appropriate treatment.
I will love to hear back from you with any further questions
Hope that this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling tenderness in head and temple area. Having headache, dizziness and discomfort in stomach. Remedy? 1 hour later
Could this be a precursor to a stroke?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 7 hours later
Thanks for additional follow-up.
Stroke is hardly caused by peripheral vessels such as the temporal artery. So no it is not a precursor or risk factor of stroke but the mere fact of you having that affectin could be an indication that your central cerebral vessels can also be affected hence you may stroke. You will need a doctor to evaluate you both by taking your medical history, physically examining you, run some lab tests such as lipid profile, CBC, kidney function, ct scan, cardiovascular exams such as ECG, cardiac ultrasound etc.
Ones these are put together the doctor can then tell if you arw at risk of stroke or not in the immediate.

Hope this able to clarify you further.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor