Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Feeling sick in the stomach and head sweats. Eating result in throwing up. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
i'm 62 years old and a male for about five days i have been sick in the stomach and have terrible head sweats
can't eat because it makes me throw up
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult an internist/family care physician soonest

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be critical the have a complete clinical review. I would first of all suggest that you have your fasting blood sugar taken to ensure its not due to uncontrolled diabetes. It might be necessary also to review the dosage and how you have been taking your drugs recently. Excessive drug intake could cause low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) or low blood pressure (hypotension).

It would also be of interest to know whether you have any fever, frequent urination, excessive tiredness or not. These could be indirect signs of an infection worth investigating. Controlling for kidney function would also be of interest. Diabetes predisposes to kidney disease, and under these circumstances, altered kidney function is often associated with abdominal or intestinal symptoms especially in advanced stages.

I strongly suggest you consult an internist for a proper clinical review as soon as possible. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor