Feeling dizzy and feeling off balance. What could be the cause?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: For the past few days I've been having episodes were I get jittery and feel a little dizzy not like room spinning dizzy more like an of balance feeling. Sometimes I feel a little seat too.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need investigations to find the cause.

Detailed Answer:
There are many causes for dizziness and feeling off balance.

Common ones are high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cervical spondylitis, anemia, and low blood sugar, use of sedatives, tranquilizers and antidepressants, inner ear problem, electrolyte imbalance, etc.

My purpose of telling you the causes is so that you don't take your symptoms lightly and consult your doctor and get yourself physically examined along with various investigations.
I hope you understand

You can help yourself by-
1.Sit immediately when you feel dizzy to avoid any possible injuries
2. Avoid taking on high stress or concentration requiring activities such as driving a car or operating machinery if you experience frequent such spells
3.Rise slowly from bed or spend a few minutes in bed before waking up this helps normalize blood pressure

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.