Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Facing irregular period problem. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
My mensuration cycle does not happen periodically, sometimes it happens twice a month.
Please help me regarding this.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
Irregular cycles is a common problem faced my many women.The commonest cause for this at your age,is usually, hormonal imbalance.Sometimes any pelvic pathology like cyst,endometrial hyperplasia etc also may be the cause. First you need to get some blood tests done to test for hormonal imbalance. Next,an ultrasound pelvis is needed to rule out any pathology. If the ultrasound is clear,then oral medication can be given to you to regularise your periods. I suggest you see your doctor first,so that the hormone tests can be prescribed to you. And go from there.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor