Experiencing constipation frequently along with stomach pain. What is the treatment?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have been having stomach pain - soreness - for several months. I experience constipation frequently. But my stomach feels sore - like muscle soreness - like I have been doing to many sit-ups. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying to experience constipation. One factor causing constipation is hyperacidity of the stomach. Usually, diabetes is associated with gastric and colon problems. Therefore, I suggest to consult a GI specialist and run gastric tests : abdominal ultrasound (to exclude gallbladder problems) and fibro-gastro-scopy (to exclude gastritis and/or ulcer). Meanwhile, I'd suggest to - start using omeprazole to reduce stomach acidity - be careful with the foods you eat (avoid spicy, chilly, fried, alcohol, smoking,etc). Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have further concerns, do not hesitate to write me back! Dr.Klerida
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D