Ask a Urologist   »  

Dr Lal path lab report says epithelial cells + (in

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Dr Lal path lab report says epithelial cells + (in small numbers) . Do I need to worry?
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to be worried about

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Your recent urine analysis has revealed presence of few epithelial cells on microscopic examination.

It is normal to have a small amount of epithelial cells in your urine.There is nothing to be worried about it .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Dr Lal path lab report says epithelial cells + (in 3 minutes later
My pus cell count is also 2-3/hpf. I feel coldness at the top of penis and feel it is wet but it is not when I check.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
2-3 pus cells are also normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Presence of 2-3 pus cells (WBC) is normal finding on routine urine analysis and does not suggest infection .

In absence of any urinary symptoms like burning ,pain ,frequency feeling of coldness at the top of the penis has no significance at all .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Dr Lal path lab report says epithelial cells + (in 16 minutes later
Just a quick question that can you have uritritise or UTI without significant pus/ epithiliel cells in urine?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urethritis will always reveal presence of pus cells and Epithelial cells .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Urine analysis will always reveal positive evidence of infection like presence of pus cells and Epithelial cells whenever there is infection in urinary system and urethritis .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Dr Lal path lab report says epithelial cells + (in 53 minutes later
And in case of urethritis, the pus cells and epithelial cells will be much more than what my report suggests. Correct?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
No of Pus Cells and epithelial cells will depend upon severity of infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

No of pus cells and Epithelial cells depends upon the severity of infection .It will be definitely more than normal if one has active infection of Urethra.(Urethritis).

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.