Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Done with blood test. What does this indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14972 Questions
Here are also my lab report
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it is a good result

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The blood test reflects a full blood count and blood group.

The full blood count looks at the haemoglobin, platelets and white cell count.

The only abnormal result was the monocytes. Monocytes are a type of white blood cell. Your count was 0.4 % above the normal.
The white cell count however is normal, this mean that it is unlikely that an infection is present.

The increase is very small and not significant especially in light of the normal absolute monocyte count of 0.6.

A significantly high monocyte count can sometimes occur in viral illnesses, persistent inflammation, stress response of the body, parasite infections.

The neutrophils, lymphocytes, eosinophils and basophils are all normal. These are also types of white cells.

A low haemoglobin would mean that a person is anemic. The values for the MCV, MCH , red cell mass and MCHC would then be used to identify the possible cause of the low haemoglobin.
Your haemoglobin count is normal and also the supporting values mentioned.

The platelet count and the Mean platelet volume go together. The platelets are responsible for clotting of the blood and the mean platelet volume gives and indication of the size of the platelets.
Your platelet count and mean platelet volume were

In summary your full blood count is normal

I hope this helps,feel free to ask any additional questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor