Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side, indentation near operated area. Normal?
I had a hernia repaired 8/15 in my belly button with mesh. The site looks and feels like its heeling up nice but I have a sometimes constant cramp on my right side and a indentation just to the right of the operation . Is this normal and will it go away thank you
Thanks for posting your query.
What type of mesh have you had applied (partially resorbable or non-resorable)?
Mesh is basically an artificial element. It will always cause an irritation of the surrounding region of human body. In the early time after a surgery (1 month) it will cause pain, strange (artificial like) feeling and cramps (when it has been applied in the neighbourhood of nerves or muscles) as well.
This should last about 1 month, however in some persons it lasts for about 6 month (as it is a time of stitches and mesh absorption). I do not know how long it is after the surgery, but if your scare looks normal, and there are no leakages from it, you are not suffering from fever, your symptoms should go away.
If it`s more than 6 months, there might be another reason of cramps, like ions shortage (especially magnesium, calcium) so you can try to add some ions supplements to your diet.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hernia repair and hiv
- Swollen abdomen cramps had umbilical hernia repair
- Itching belly after hernia repair
- Boring pain near hernia repair
- Endoscopy hiatal hernia repair
- Breakout near incision sites of a hernia repair
- Fascial hernia repair
- Hernia repair indent
- Dermatomyositis and hernia repair
- Side effects of umbilical hernia repair
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?