Does sciatic nerve affect bowel movements?
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
The answer to this query is a straightforward 'NO'.Sciatic nerve does not provide innervation for bowel movements.It provides motor and sensory innervation for lower limb,rather.
Hope that I have answered your query.If you have follow up questions,I shall be glad to answer else please close the thread rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can sciatic nerve pain affect heart
- Sciatic nerve nerve roots
- Sciatic nerve bowel disfuntion numb feet
- Sciatic nerve damage and affect male erection
- Does sciatic nerve affect testicles
- Sciatic nerve and bowel movements
- Do fibroids in cervix and uterus affect the sciatic nerves
- Duodenitis affecting the sciatic nerve
- Sciatic nerve affecting the testicals
- Sciatic nerve affecting eye
- Suggest treatment for neuralgia on right side of face
- Suggest treatment for pain in head along with knee pain and locking
- Suggest treatment for numbness in arms and legs
- What causes left-sided twitching on face and eye?
- What causes shaky hands and head?
- Suggest treatment to regenerate the femoral nerve damaged by a haemorrage
- What causes chronic sense of fullness in head and tenderness of scalp?
- What causes sore and stiff neck along with blurry vision?
- What causes difficulty in speech along with high BP?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of burning feet syndrome