Does hawthorne leaf promote healthy blood pressure levels?
Since I haven't trusted the FDA since 1973 and have been a semi-healthfood freak since then, I'd like to find out in advance of buying a supplement such as Liv-Lean Formula whether or not it contains soy. The online doctor who sells this does not mention soy at all. Twice I've bought something on someone's say-so that there was no soy, only to discover after receiving it that it said right on the bottle "contains soy."
PS: I was in a nationwide study on Diabetes Type II at the end of which I was told there was a 70% less chance of being diagnosed diabetic with diet and exercise, and only a 30% less chance with the drug Metformin, which I was on but later declined to take as it made me fatigued. UT at XXXXXXX Diabetes Type 2 Prevention Program said I could stay in the study and switch to the diet and exercise group, which I did and they're still following me twice a year, I suppose as long as the XXXXXXX money holds out. I seem either to have reversed Diabetes II or at least eliminated its symptoms such as fluctuating blood sugar and neuropathy. I am age 80 and have nothing that needs attention except hypothyroid, chronic chapped lips, and oh yes, I drink a glass or two of wine most days so I take milk thistle to ward off liver dysfunction. My daughter and friends think I likely will live to age 100, but I tell them I don't want to live one day longer than I feel good. I already worry about outliving my grandchildren who are big into junk food, but so was I when I was their age. It's just that back in the Age of Roosevelt junk food wasn't as junky as it is now. I believe hypothyroid is much worse than diabetes ever was for me. For one thing it's harder for me to control -- something to do with iodine which one can get too much or too little of, and I have no idea how much is too much and how much is too little. My doctor wants to put me on a drug for hypertension, all the while saying my blood pressure is not all that high. I went directly to Whole Foods and bought Hawthorne leaf, which I rather believe promotes healthy blood pressure levels, cardiovascular function, and antioxidant protection. ANY IDEAS???
Hawthorne leaf is good
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your life style and the concern you have towards your health. I believe you are on the right path. The diet you are on is very good and yes, it could have prevented diabetes in you.
I agree in what you say, living healthy is much better than living long. I appreciate you on this thought. Do continue the same food habits.
Yes, most of the protein rich foods available processed do contain considerable amount of soy as the protein content and it may not be highlighted. Avoiding such processed food as you are already doing is the only remedy.
Yes, Hawthorne leaf do have effect on the hemodynamics and helps in preventing heart and blood pressure problems. As far as iodine is concerned the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) is 150-290 micrograms. This can be easily gained by daily usage of iodized salt or sea food once a week.
Hope, I answered your query.
Please revert back if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Healthy blood pressure scores
- Healthy blood pressure levels
- High blood pressure levels
- Is 11276 a healthy blood pressure
- Blood pressure 12228 is it healthy
- Healthy blood pressure or 10561
- Healthy blood pressure for athletes
- Healthy pregnancy blood pressure
- Blood pressure 12173 is this healthy
- Blood pressure and healthy homocysteine levels
- Suffer from hypertension and weakness. Does meth use cause thyroid problem?
- What is the effect of steroids on the heart during puberty in boys?
- Having psychological problems. Taking therapy. Any advice?
- Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?
- Experiencing a periodic mild numbness in arm. Family history of MS. Any...
- Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
- Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What...
- Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
- Have small penis. Will penomet penis enlargement pump work to enlarge it?
- Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?