• question-icon

Does colposcopy lead to vaginal infection?

Posted on Fri, 13 Mar 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I had a cervical biopsy on Saturday and colposcopy. Yesterday I felt very achey like a flu and now have temperature of 104. Is it flu or infection..?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly flu

Detailed Answer:
Hello, it's unlikely that you will get a vaginal infection due to the colposcopy since it's done under aseptic precautions. If you have body ache with fever then it's likely due to the flu or some other infection. Cold sponging should help reduce the fever. But you may need antibiotic coverage as the fever is high grade. See your doctor if the fever remains high or you develop chills.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN