Does asthma causes tightness in the chest when one breathe?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Does asthma causes tightness in the chest when one breathe? The tightness in the chest began after taking Xiidra but has not subsided in the past 12 hours.. Tightness is more when I move or take deep breaths...
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, asthma cause tightness in chest.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.. Yes, asthma can cause tightness in chest.
Xidraa is lifitegrast ophthalmic solution. It is used for dry eyes.
If you are allergic to it then it can cause allergic reaction like asthma and gives tightness in chest.
But honestly speaking, possibility of this is very less.
Please let me know
1. Have you used this eye drops before?
2. Do you have any allergies?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng