Does Clomid cause ectopic pregnancy?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I am currently going through a ectopic pregnancy, a week ago I was given 2 shots of methotrexate and I am misscarrying at this time. This was a clomid induced pregnancy. Would it be safe to try clomid again in the next few months? I do not ovulate on my own at all so my options are limited. Thanks in advance!
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is safe

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your health concern.

Clomid use does not cause ectopic pregnancy.

Hence after you will follow up with your gynecologist, you can try to use clomid to induce ovulation.

Try to be hydrated , use iron rich foods and use folic acid 400 micro gram daily.

Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further discussion.

wish you a fast recovery from the ectopic pregnancy.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee