• question-icon

Does Biotin interact with Zinc and L-Lysine Hydrochloride?

Posted on Tue, 5 Sep 2017 in Diet Plans
Question: There is not a selection for nutritionist. Nutrition/supplement question.

When is the best time to take supplements? Morning or night? Before or after a meal? Together or separate? Which ones are water soluble and fat soluble. Will fat soluble supplements make you gain weight?

I take the following twice a day. In the morning and night biotin 5000mg. Zinc 50mg. l lysine 1000mg. Combination tablet calcium magnesium zinc. Turmeric 538mg. Niacin cortisol hexanicotinate flush free 500mg. Coq10 800mg

I take the following every morning. Green tea 315mg. Acai with green tea 1500mg.

I take the following occasionally. Echinacea. Flaxseed 1200mg. Ginger. Vitamin c.
Answered by Kathy Shattler 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome to HCM

Detailed Answer:
Fat soluble vitamins are A,D,E,K

When you take your vitamins depends on medications first of all. Some medications require an empty stomach and waiting a couple of hours before vitamins/minerals. Such a medication might be synthroid.

Individual amino acids such as lysine need to be taken without any other protein. To be effective, amino acids cannot compete with any other amino acids in protein or food molecules.

Green tea can be taken anytime. Generally it is sipped as a beverage prior to meals or with meals. Same with Acai

The echinacea, flaxseed and ginger can all be taken with food.

Calcium and magnesium can be taken together but separately from zinc.

Biotin anytime.

No fat soluble vitamins cause you to gain weight. In fact some literature has shown that vitamin D may help in the weight loss process, not CAUSE weight loss, but help in the process.

I know of no issues with niacin or Q10 or turmeric and food. Since turmeric is also a spice, there should be no problem taking or using it on or with food.

I hope I have addressed your questions. Thank you for the consult. If you need a nutritionist in the future I may not be listed, but just ask HCM and they can contact me. Respectfully, Kathy j. Shattler, BSc, MS, RDN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Kathy
Kathy Shattler

Dietitian & Nutritionist