Do vitamin D3 supplements causes kidney failure?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Tue, 3 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Does Vitamin D3 Supplements (60000iu) causes Kidney Failure?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Safe

Detailed Answer:

Vitamin D3 supplements are relatively safe. Both the values you had put up i,e 66ng and 59.6 ng/ml are safe values and would not cause kidney failure. Similarly osteomalacia is caused by brittling bones in adults because of vitamin Deficiency and not excess vitamin.
I would like to know why do you have this doubt and want to be more clear about this query.
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 8 minutes later
Hello Madam,
I have read in the net that if you take Vitamin D3 Supplements over several months could cause calcium hypermetabolism...
But i feel fine....should i stop consuming dairy products
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
you can stop dairy products

Detailed Answer:

You can stop dairy products and its your choice and may turn out to be better for you.
Vitamin D3 supplements should be titrated agains the dose and time to the deficiency in the blood.
So do not take these unless your doctor orders it for longer duration.