Do joint pain, chills, sore throat and sinus pressure need medical attention?
yes, you should re visit your doctor for another assessment
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Yes, it would be best to see your doctor for reassessment.
Though most cough and colds are viral,at this stage, bacterial infection would be considered and antibiotics needed.
Based on your symptoms, you may have bronchitis or pneumonia. Though these can be viral, a bacterial infection is also possible.
In addition to antibiotics, you also need a mucolytic (medication to help break up the mucus in your chest so that it can be easily expelled)
Eg guaifenesin, bisolvan, mucomyst
Another short course of oral steroids and a medication such as albuterol (ventolin) syrup or inhaler may also be needed.
Albuterol/ventolin is normally given to asthmatics but there are some chest infections such as bronchitis where the airways may close a little, this causes persistent coughing.
Temporary use of albuterol syrup or inhaler would help this.
The persistent coughing would be contributing to the chest pain, an anti inflammatory pain killer such as ibuprofen, cataflam or ibuprofen , would help
Summary: (a) should re visit doctor
(b)may have bacterial bronchitis or pneumonia
(c)antibiotics, oral steroids, mucolytic needed
(d)may need albuterol syrup or inhaler if this is thought to be helpful for you
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Need medication for sore throat and pain
- Fever sweating joint pains and sore throat
- Sore throat chills flank pain
- Sore throat leg pain chills
- Joint pains sore throat smelly urine
- Sore throat joint pains chills nausea
- Headache dizziness light headedness sore throat cold joint pain fever
- What causes shivering joint pain and sore throat
- Have lethargy sore throat joint pain teeth pain diarrhea reason
- Sore throat armpit joint pain cracking neck back pain