Suggest treatment for cough in an infant
nose blockage and cough. Bcas of tat she s not sleeping. Some times while coughing, she is taking vomit also..my pediatrician suggested smash and odicef but there is no use of it.. my baby has no cough before using these two syrup... What should I do now? Please help me .
It is the normal progression of the disease
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through the details carefully and understand your concern.
Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections which usually have an allergic component associated. It is not due to the medicines that a cough has developed. It is just in the course of the natural progression of the disease that the cough has developed.
Irrespective of treatment it usually spontaneously resolves in 5-7 days. Treatment is supportive and usually comprises of antiallergic medication and mucolytic. You need to be patient and wait for a few more days while you continue the medicines. The cough should resolve in 5-7 days.
If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated.
I hope that I could clear your doubts.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Primary complex treatment coughing gone
- Suggest treatment for sinusitus and coughing
- Suggest treatment for severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for allergic cough
- Kennel cough treatment cough syrup
- Ayurvedic treatment for cough for infant
- What treatment is suggested for cough
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for wheezing cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever