Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Discomfort in upper stomach. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions
hello. I am getting some discomfort I can't call it pain. in my upper stomach left side deels under cage area.especially early in the morning when I wake up. and it kinds goes away by noon. no other symptoms.
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis would need a clinical exam.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Some common possibilities assuming you are absolutely otherwise healthy- gastritis, gastric ulcer, severe constipation, kidney stones and others. But, this is atop many in the list including origins from lower lungs, spleen, pancreas and intestine in short.

A clear diagnosis would need a detailed history, clinical exam, tests based on suspicions like blood tests, ultrasound etc. And the pain relief would be paramount by treating the cause. Analgesics or antispasmodics group of drugs would be prescribed depending on the likely diagnosis reached by your examining physician.

Since, you actually have discomfort - you may be having a minor problem going - but a review is nevertheless necessary. And such discomfort extending for hours in the morning would not have a characteristic diagnosis to arrive at for now in itself.

If you have already tried OTC medications like digestants and antacids - then it is time for a check up to get to the bottom of it and be treated appropriately.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.


Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor