Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
Yes I saw my GP yesterday and he diagnosed a possible interial hernia and is sending me for a CT tomorrow. How common is this , how serioous , and how is it fixed. He told me but i think I was more in shock to hesr what he said. I am a female 47 generally healthy.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later

You probably mean "internal hernia", not "interial". I dont see how can someone diagnose such hernias without diagnostic tests. It is not very common,especially if you didn't have any abdominal operation in the past/

But if this diagnosis will be confirmed then the only way to treat this is surgical procedure. CT will surely find it if there is anything to find.
You dont need to be worried, this is a routine procedure.

Hernias are not serious until some complications develop such as strangulation or inflammation . If you feel sharp pain,fever, skin redness above it or vomiting with abdominal bloating then go to hospital as soon as you can.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor