Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Pnet scrcoma on the cervix. Can I get some information on this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
our 24yr old granddaughter was diagnosed May 6th with Pnet sarcoma on the cervix. Please give me some info about this cancer. I do understand that it is very fast moving and invasive.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Primitive neuroectodermal tumours (PNET) are actually very invasive and rapidly spreading tumour.

Prognosis or outcome in this cancer is very vital. Aggressive treatment at the early phase is primordial. My suggest is discussing with your gynecologist to be referred to the gynecologic oncologist and radiologist for appropriate chemotherapy and radiotherapy is an emergency.

Immediate removal of this tumour might bed necessary in some cases. This is usually a very rapidly spreading tumour.

I suggest an urgent evaluation by gynecologic oncologist or general oncologist. Feel free asking further questions if necessary.

Thanks and best regards,

Dr Luchuo, MD.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor