Suggest treatment for soft tissue sarcoma

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Sep 2017 in Cancer
Question: Hello Doctor.
I'm a 25 years old male live in Canada and was recently graduated from university. I have noticed a tumor in my right thigh about 3 years ago. It didnt cause any pain at the begging and thats why I honestly neglected it and paid more attention to my school duties. Recently, I have decided to see whats going on with this tumor and after an MRI, CT and biopsy, I was diagnosed with soft tissue sarcoma ( alveolar soft part ). I also have multiple nodules in the lower partr of lungs ( both right and left). The biggest was found to be 1.4cm in the left side and 0.9cm in the right side. These nodules dont cause me any symptoms and was discovered via overall body CT.
I do appointments next week with radiology oncologist and medical oncologist as well.
My orthopaedic oncologist assures me that this type is treatable and kinda responds to chemotherapy while the internet says it doesnt respond to chemo. Doctor , please iam very anxious and stressed about whats going on and would like to ask you few questions.
1. Is this type treatable ?
2. Is there any kind of treatment to this type ?
3. Does this type in favt respond to a chemotherapy agents ?
Thank you doctor and looking forward to hearing from you.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear.it resoonds poorly to chemotherapy

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through your query. So , although you have a stage 4 disease, you still carry a good prognosis as this tumor grows at a very slow speed. It responds poorly to chemo.
If we are able to remove all the tumor in lungs and thigh, then there are chances of cure.
I hope you now understand.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T