Diagnosed bipolar. Seriously depressed and agitated. Having mood swings. What to do?
Thanks for using XXXXXXX
I have gone through your available history.
His symptoms might be due to either of following.
1- Substance induced mood and behavioural symptoms .
2- Bipolar mood disorder .
3- Personality disorder .
In any case , he needs psychiatrist consultation .
He need to take regular psychiatric medication in the form of mood stabilising agents with anti psychotic drug.
if he is not taking drug, doctor may give option of long acting injection or tablets that can be mixed in food out of knowledge of patients . ↲
Counselling and psychotherapy may be of good help particularly despite first and third diagnosis. ↲0I hope I have addressed your concern. Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.0Thanks.
Thanks for reverting to me.
It is indeed a difficult task to take him to psychiatrist as he do not have insight of his illness.
You may take help of counselor for giving insight oriented psychotherapy to make him realize about his illness.
You may consult his psychiatrist on behalf of him. Doctor may give advise to start oral solution that can be mixed without his knowledge.
I hope I have addressed your concern.
Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Undergoing through constant mood swings depressed what should i do
- Unconsciousness depression irritation mood swings what is the reason
- Norlevo depressed mood swing
- Rapid mood swings depression stress what can help
- What causes depression mood swings and weight gain
- Depression mood swing
- Menopause mood swings depression
- Serious mood swings and crying
- Carbimazole depression mood swings
- Painful period mood swings depression what is going on