Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Diabetic and taking tramadol for chronic pain. What do you suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
I have recently moved to columbus. XXXXXXX area. I have been a diabetic and also on tramadol for 5 yrs for chronic pain. Can not find Drs who won't see me for 4-6 weeks. Any suggestions? I am 59 yrs old.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Alternatives. Detailed Answer: Hi, I suggest before finding an Endocrinologist / Diabetologist who have a long appointment times, I prefer to meet a Primary care doctor or Internal Medicine specialist who are also trained to assist you. They can fill in your Tramadol prescription for the pain. They can prescribe you basic medicines to keep blood glucose under control after basic tests. If you cannot find them you can see at Urgent care clinic where even physician assistants and RN would be able to help you in the new area.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor