Diabetic. Have tooth ache and swollen mouth. What treatment should be done?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Question: 73 yr old diabetic male. Toothache yesterday, swollen mouth and pain. Dentist did xrays and saw nothing. Now, swollen mouth, no pain but he is very confused and weak. Seems to be burping a lot
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 17 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Swollen mouth without the pain and fever usually appears due to allergy. Especially if there is no tooth ache, no cough, no shortness of breath. It can be due to food allergy, dust mite allergy. You should try allergy medicine like Loratadine once a day and calcium. If any signs of airways obstruction, immediate medical attention might be necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.