Developed white bruise on hands and sore to touch. What could it be?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a place on my hand that was a bruise with white area in the middle of it 2 days later another one popped up on the same arm on my lower arm they are sort of round .The r sore to touch but I don't remember hitting them . What do you think? Please e mail me YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are describing can be senile purpura.
It is a common skin change that can occur in persons over 60 years of age.
It is seen as bruise like lesions without any history of trauma.

Also I would like to know-
Is it painful?
Is any other part of the body affected?
Do you have fungal infection anywhere else on the body?
Are you on any blood thinner drugs or aspirin?

Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot to predict the condition.

Answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.

DrSudarshan
MD Dermatology.