Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Cut on the penis, painful while urination. Causes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I have a cut on my penis hole. When i pass urine the stream is uncontrollable. It also stings when i pee. It is pain full to the touch on the tip.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Cut on the penis could be due to various reasons:

Those most concerning are caused by sexually transmitted infections (STI). For example,genital herpes simplex, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, and lymphogranuloma venereum can cause ulcers on the genitals.

Other types of male genital soress may be caused by venereal warts, molluscum contagiosum, allergic reactions, Behcet's disease, and non-sexually transmitted infections.

Please see a physician who will perform a physical examination. The exam will include looking at the genital, pelvis, skin, lymph nodes, mouth, and throat.

Tests that may be done include:

Complete blood count or blood differential
•Skin or mucosal biopsy culture of the lesion
•HIV test
Rapid plasma reagin (RPR) test
•Venereal Disease Research Laboratory (VDRL) test
Treatment will depend on the underlying cause and may include antiviral medicines and antibiotics.

At present you can use an anesthetic gel to apply on the cut before passing urine so that it does not burn or cause pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor