Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Could pelviectasis cause abdominal pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4759 Questions
Hi, 42 yr old woman, recently had an ultrasound, findings were: mild pelviectasis in the right kidney. I have had severe LRQ abdominal pain for over two years. Could the pelviectasis cause the pain? What exactly is pelviectasis? Do I need to see a kidney specialist?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please provide the reports of echo&other tests.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Before running into final conclusions, could you please upload the reports of abdominal ultrasound and other tests you did? That can help me assist you further? Pelviectaisis is the enlargement of the renal pelvis. The renal pelvis is that part of the kidney that is directly connected to ureters. If there is any obstruction in ureters or lower parts, the renal pelvis will get enlarged. You should follow up with urologist for further evaluations and appropriate treatment. You are only mentioning mild pelviectasis in the right kidney. I need to know if the echographist did notice anything (obstruction) in your bladder and ureters from your ultrasound reports. Having severe LRQ abdominal pain for over two years is related to possible problems in your: - Urinary tract - genital tract - bowel (chronic constipation, obstruction) Looking forward to have the reports of ultrasound and other tests you ran. Thank you! Dr.Albana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor