Cough, cold and body pain. Suggest medication

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, May be due to change of weather I have caught cough & cold and little feverish with bodyache. I have to travel outstation tomorrow. Would you kindly suggest any medicine that could help?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX It seems like a seasonal virus. It will take a few days to get better. Cetirizine will help in taking care of the secretions. You can also take Tb Crocin for fever in the dose of 500 mg a day. You can also try a cough syrup, but cough syrups may cause more sedation than cetirizine and may have ingredients that are also anti-allergic like cetrizine. Thus the effects and side-effects can be additive. Chericoff cough syrup may be tried, but do not take it at the same time as cetirizine. Lastly taking warm fluids like warm milk (with ginger) will help sooth the throat. Take care Dr Vaishalee