Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Complaining of headache and vomiting. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1803 Questions
Good morning,

I have a four year old son that has been complaining of an headache since yesterday morning. Last night he threw up his dinner and he just woke up ($.50 am California time) complain still of the headache. I asked him if he bumped his head but it does not sound liker a major event happened in the past two days. He is very "little" making noises and he is very clingy.

Drinking lots of fluid and no throw up any more.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Do not worry, your kid should be fine . May have some indigestion or mild food poisoning. As he is drinking lot of fluids that should help him get hydrated. He could have got his headache due to dehydration also. Make sure you give enough liquids and ensure that he is passing urine adequately.
Try acetaminophen if headache persists and do consult your physician if he continues to vomit or is not drinking enough liquids.
Wishing your kid speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor